ECCV Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Forum: Mental Health Impacts of COVID-19 on People with Disability
May 24, 2022 @ 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
We are excited to invite you to a special online forum next Tuesday, 24 May to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the mental health and wellbeing of people with disability from migrant and refugee communities. Organised by ECCV’s Statewide Disability Network, the forum will bring together disability advocates, mental health specialists, as well as people with lived experience.
The discussion will be moderated by Margherita Coppolino, Chair of the Statewide Disability Network and President of the National Ethnic Disability Alliance. Our guest speakers will include:
- Pinar Tankir and Betsy Rajan, CALD Engagement Workers in the Partners in Wellbeing program with NEAMI National
- Christian Astourian, Program Manager of the Diversity & Disability program at the Migrant Resource Centre North West
- Josef Szwarc, Senior Advisor Policy and Advocacy at the Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture (Foundation House)
- Nyrob Majak, member of the Diversity & Disability program, and Peer Facilitator for ECCV’s Raise Our Voices project
- Uli Kaplan, disability advocate and CEO of Life is a Battlefield
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.
DATE: Tuesday, 24 May
TIME: 10:30am – 12:30pm
LOCATION: Online via Zoom
Registration is essential. Once you have registered, you will receive an email with the Zoom meeting details.