Raise Our Voices
Raise Our Voices aims to empower and improve self-advocacy skills for people from migrant and refugee communities living with disability, their families and carers.
Delivered across metropolitan Melbourne, Raise Our Voices:
- Raises awareness about what self-advocacy means and its importance in everyday life.
- Delivers free self-advocacy awareness training and community information forums.
- Supports peer-led networks and group activities to empower people with disability, their carers and their families.
The program helps improve understanding of how the disability services system works and the support pathways available for Victorians with disability from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
ECCV is committed to ensuring that disability services, including the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme), continue to respond to and include the needs of people with disability, their families and carers from our diverse communities.
ECCV, in partnership with the Migrant Resource Centre North West, is running self-advocacy workshops and tailored information sessions to provide participants with the confidence to:
- Build self-autonomy and self-confidence to voice concerns.
- Gain a greater understanding of how to access information and resolve issues.
- Improve their ability to make choices and enhance self-management of NDIS plans and support services.
ECCV offers a range of flexible learning options with sessions delivered in small groups in both online and face-to-face delivery.