ECCV Events Calendar
FORUM: Understanding carer needs in multicultural communities
April 4 @ 10:30 AM - 12:00 PMFree
ECCV is hosting an online forum on 4 April focusing on improving the wellbeing of carers from migrant and refugee backgrounds.
The forum will discuss issues faced by carers in culturally and linguistically diverse communities, including identifying hidden carers, access to appropriate support services, and risk factors that may lead to elder abuse in care relationships.
The event is aimed at multicultural and ethno-specific organisations and carers groups. It is part of ECCV’s Recognising and Respecting Carers project, which is delivered in partnership with Carers Victoria, with funding from the Victorian Government.
Speakers will be:
- Judith Abbott Chief Executive Officer, Carers Victoria
- Moreen Pakwan Carer Support Advisory Manager, Carers Victoria
- Emiliano Zucchi Chief Executive Officer, Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria
- Hayat Doughan Carer capacity Building project officer, Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria
- Randa Abboud Volunteer President, Arabic Women Seniors group.
This is a free event, but registrations are essential.
TIME: 10:30am to 12:00pm
DATE: Tuesday, 4 April 2023
LOCATION: Online via Zoom
The project is funded by the Victorian Government.