COVID-19 InformationIncludes - Restrictions Update 2021
Work is underway to ensure that the COVID-19 vaccines are available to everyone who wants to get vaccinated. The Victorian Government’s Vaccine Hub page is updated regularly as new information becomes available.
Vaccination centres are open to people who are Click here to find a vaccination centre near you.
For the latest translated information click here.
Translated videos are available in 18 different languages on common COVID-19 topics, including:
– How to access financial and other support when you need to get a test or isolate at home and can’t go to work
– Your mental health and wellbeing, and things you can do if you’re not feeling OK
– Getting tested for coronavirus quickly, even if your symptoms are mild
– Staying at home when you test positive for COVID-19, or are a close contact.
Finding in-language video resources at www.youtube.com/c/VicGovDH/playlists
We understand that you may be feeling worried, anxious and overwhelmed about COVID-19 and the impacts it has on your daily life, family and community, especially when we are experiencing social distancing. These resources can help keep you informed, connected and safe:
COVID-19 Phone Numbers
- Coronavirus hotline: If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days – on 1800 675 398
If you are an NDIS participant you can also call the national hotline on 1800 020 080
If you need an interpreter, please call 131 450 first.
- Department of Social Services Support Line – If you’ve lost income because of COVID 19 measures, call the dedicated hotline to see what support you can access – 1300 653 227
- National Debt Helpline: If you are in financial difficulty, free support is available at the National Debt Helpline: 1800 007 007. You can speak to a financial counsellor to get advice.
- Business Victoria coronavirus hotline: Businesses seeking advice about whether they are affected can also call the Business Victoria coronavirus hotline on 13 22 15.
- Australian Human Rights Commission: For information regarding discrimination or any other human rights violation, please contact National Information Service on 1300 656 419 (restricted hours)
- If you are distressed, please seek support from Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline 13 11 14
- In-language information about racial discrimination and race hate complaints translated in to 63 languages
- Important information from VCOSS regarding COVID-19 and the community sector
- National Debt Helpline’s COVID 19 Financial Survival Guide and Resources
- Cancer Council ‘Cancer & COVID-19’ English factsheet here. Support and information resources are available in 12 languages. If you would like to speak to someone in your own language, please call 13 14 50 and ask for Cancer Council or the Coronavirus Health Information Line.
- Important information for renters, business and others from Consumer Affairs Victoria
- Important information for NDIS providers: Minimising the risk of exposure to COVID-19
- Australia Council for the Arts COVID 19 Response package to support artists, arts practitioners, arts groups and arts organisations coping with the impact of COVID-19.
- Easy English COVID 19 Information sheets and resources
- Australian federal government’s economic response to COVID 19
- Latest updates and information on COVID 19 from the Victorian government’s Department of Health and Human Services
- FAQS regarding the virus, its transmission and testing, and preventative measures.
- In-language information regarding COVID 19 from Victorian government’s Department of Health and Human Services
- Latest updates and information from the Australian government’s Department of Health
- You can get help and information on looking after our mental health and wellbeing from: Lifeline and Beyondblue
- Embrace Multicultural Mental Health also have information for CALD communities
- Contact numbers of support services for women experiencing family violence from InTouch – Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence
- Warm Safe Home for Older Victorians who may be experiencing financial hardships can connect with a financial counsellor who may be able to help
- From VCOSS: financial and emergency relief support & specialist services available to migrants, refugees and international students
For more information, please write to us on email@example.com or call 9354 9555.