New and Emerging Communities Policy Advisory Committee
NECPAC provides ECCV with advice on settlement issues affecting new and emerging communities in Victoria. New and emerging communities may be identified as diverse groups of people who:
- have recently settled in Australia as migrants or refugees;
- are small in number but have increased in size in recent years; and/or
- lack adequate resources, support systems and networks relative to established ethnic communities in Australia.
- Access to employment
- Access to education and training
- Access to support and welfare services
- Capacity building and access to funding
- Climate change and sustainability
- Domestic and family violence
- Entrepreneurship, business and job readiness
- Health and wellbeing
- LGBTIQ+ communities
- Social inclusion and community engagement
- The ongoing impact and challenges of COVID-19
Convenors: Abiola Akinbiyi and Mohammed Yassin
Staff support: Please contact Batool Moussa, Policy Officer (email@example.com) if you have any queries about the Committee or if you would like to join.
Subscribe to our eBulletin
ECCV acknowledges the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation as the Traditional Owners of the Country on which we work. We pay respect to their Elders past and present, acknowledge their continuing connections to land, sea and community, and
extend respect to Traditional Owners throughout Victoria.