ECCV Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Self Advocacy Training and Feast for Ethnic people with disability
December 4, 2019 @ 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM
The Self Advocacy Training aims to empower people from an Ethnic background with disability to advocate for themselves.
ECCV and DnD share a belief that the most effective advocacy comes from people with a lived experience and therefore disability advocacy is strongest coming from people with disability.
One day training course that will cover the following topics:
- Know your human rights
- Understand the NDIS and NDIS planning
- Learn to speak for others and yourself
- You will be eligible to apply for work as a Self Advocate (1 day per week for 6 months) with ECCV in your local community
What to expect
- Easy English training
- Venue disability friendly
- Support Worker provided
- Brunch provided
- Interpreter can be organised if you need one
Places strictly limited.
Proudly supported by Ethnic Council of Shepparton and District Inc and Greater Shepparton City Council.