ECCV Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Multicultural Disability Forum: Living with COVID-19
December 1, 2021 @ 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
What does it mean to have a disability for people from culturally diverse communities while living in a COVID-19 environment?
Multicultural Disability Forum: Living with COVID-19, held by the ECCV Statewide Disability Network, will bring together a range of speakers, including experts with lived experience from culturally diverse backgrounds and disability sector organisations to address the most pressing issues that continue to arise from the COVID-19 pandemic.
This forum aims to provide solutions that will keep people with disability safe in the community as we continue to ease further restrictions in Victoria. Vaccine hesitancy amongst people living with a disability from culturally diverse backgrounds will be among the topics discussed.
Please register to join us for this important forum.
Assunta Morrone from Western Health
– Professor Deb Friedman, Infectious Diseases Physician and Deputy Chief Health Officer at the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing
– Mini Dahiya, Community Services Manager at Action on Disability within Ethnic Communities (ADEC).
– Dr Charitha Dissanayake, RMIT lecturer
– Anaab Rooble, HR and Finance manager at the Victorian Disability Worker Commission
– Christian Astourian, Program Manager, Diversity and Disability at the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing