, Access & Support – Aged Care & Disability
Access and Support services provide short term support for the elderly, younger people with a disability (not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme), and their carers who need help to stay at home and who:
- have diverse needs or circumstances
- need help with understanding the range of support services that may be available
- need help with accessing services.
If you, or someone you are caring for, is:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- culturally and linguistically diverse
- living in a rural or remote area
- financially or socially disadvantaged
- a veteran (including spouse, widow or widower)
- homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex
- a Care Leaver (Forgotten Australian, Former Child Migrant or Stolen Generation)
- a parent separated from children by forced adoption or removal
- living with dementia
and has trouble accessing services, an Access and Support worker may be able to help you.
No fees are charged for Access and Support services.
Contact Person: Gabriele Rukas, Sector Development – Policy & Practice
Phone: (03) 9354 9555
We are proud to recognise the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation, as the first Australians, cultural leaders and traditional custodians of the land from which we advocate for ethnic community groups. We pay our respects to their elders, past & present.