One of our key roles is to develop policy positions on issues of concern to multicultural communities.
One way we do this is by convening a number of policy subcommittees that meet regularly and are chaired by a member of the ECCV executive with an interest in policy deliberations.
Function of the policy subcommittees
- To provide a forum for ECCV member organisations and other organisations with a specific interest to meet and form policies around issues of concern to multicultural communities.
- To play a crucial role in identifying emerging issues and providing a strong advocacy voice for ethnic communities.
- To debate issues and develop a policy position as well as convene forums and conferences to develop awareness of the issues.
If you would like any further information on any of the policy subcommittees, please contact us.
Current ECCV policy subcommittees
- Health Policy sub-Committee
- New and Emerging Communities Policy sub-Committee
- Youth Policy sub-Committee
- Aged Care Policy sub-Committee
- Drugs Task Force
- Women’s Policy sub-Committee
- Workforce Participation sub-Committee
Policy subcommittee Chairpersons
Health Policy subcommittee and Drug Task force
|Aged Care Policy subcommittee||Marion Lau OAM|
|Youth Policy subcommittee||Wesa Chau|
|Women's Policy subcommittee||Suzana Mihajlovic|
|New and Emerging Communities Policy subcommittee||Parsuram Sharma Luital|
Workforce Participation Committee Erik Lloga and Dr Apollo Nsubuga-Kyobe