Mayor of Whittlesea City Council, Cr. Kris Pavlidis is the new ECCV Chairperson

18th December 2017

Mayor of Whittlesea City Council, Cr. Kris Pavlidis is the new ECCV Chairperson

The Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria (ECCV) board of directors have elected Cr. Kris Pavlidis as Chairperson following the annual general meeting, which was held Tuesday 5th December 2017.
Outgoing Chairperson, Mr Eddie Micallef said “I would like to congratulate Kris Pavlidis on her appointment. I know Kris will do great things, she has been a key contributor to the board. Cr. Kris Pavlidis brings years of expertise across the government and community sectors”.

Cr. Kris Pavlidis was previously ECCV’s Women’s Policy Advisory Committee Co-Convenor. In this role she has been an influential advocate for women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Cr. Kris Pavlidis is currently the second term elected Mayor of Whittlesea City Council. After twelve years as an elected local government representative Kris steps into the position as ECCV Chair.

“The ECCV office bearers and I will work to ensure ECCV continues to be the voice to Victorians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds across a broad range of policy areas including family violence prevention, employment and gender. We will continue to advocate as the active conduit between grassroots community and government.”

“I thank Mr Eddie Micallef for his work over the last four years and to our outgoing office bearers. I look forward to leading a new team in our work to support a diverse, harmonious and successful multicultural Victoria and Australia” she said.

The new ECCV office bearers include: Chairperson Cr. Kris Pavlidis, Deputy Chairperson Dr. Sundram Sivamalai JP, Deputy Chairperson Peter Mousaferiadis, Secretary Marion Lau OAM JP, Treasurer Nalliah Suriyakumaran, Board Directors: Eddie Micallef, Joseph Caputo OAM JP, Jude Ogbeide Ediae, Parsu Sharma-Luital JP, Frances Prince, Bruna Pasqua, Zeynep Yesilyurt, Helena Trinnick, Jenny Semple.

The ECCV Board of Directors are scheduled to nominate a representative from the regional ethnic community councils.

For more information and/or media comment, please contact Leenie Fabri, Communications & Media Officer, / 0422 480 319

Previous Entry Next Entry

top of page